Monday, April 20, 2009

Family update

So, after a lengthy battle with fevers and cranky attitudes, James was finally diagnosed with Mono. It is very unusual for a 2-year old to have mono, so it wasn't something they were looking for. It makes a lot more sense now - fever, cranky, sleeping 16-17 hours a day! It is nice to have a diagnosis and makes me glad I was persistent in asking for answers. I was beginning to think I was just being paranoid! Nope.

Andrew is cutting some molars and eye teeth and running a low-grade fever. Now that its been a week with the fever and he has started taking 3-4 hour naps (he hasn't done that...ever!), I'm wondering if he may also have mono. Hmm...time to call the doctor.

With the beautiful weather this past weekend, the boys pretty much lived outdoors and love playing in the sandbox. James loves the swing. Andrew hates it. I enjoyed reading a book and watching the boys while reclining on our bench in the backyard.

Today I am waiting for a call from my doctor's office to find out the results from my latest fFN test (http://www.marchofdimes.com/professionals/14332_1149.asp) and learn which high-risk OB I will be seeing to monitor things. My parents have been a huge help the last week - moving furniture, cleaning, watching kids - while I have been pretty much stuck to the couch. On Friday I started a regular regimen of meds to prevent contractions, and it has been working great. At least now I feel like I can do some things. Hey, I'm sitting in the chair by the computer - progress! Thanks Mom and Pops for all the help!

My personal goal: 38 weeks, baby at least 7 lbs, no bed rest...

The good news? Ken has been incredibly healthy and able to be a wonderful help around the house in addition to plumbing the basement for an additional bathroom. The demolition phase is complete (I think). Now its time to start putting the basement back together the way we want it.

No comments: