Monday, March 2, 2009

No, Not Yet!

This morning I had several "No, not yet!" moments.

#1 - Andrew waking up at 5:30 a.m. Then we both fell asleep in the recliner. Whew!

#2 - James waking up at 6:10. He chatted and laughed and played for about 20 minutes before starting to cry that he wanted to get up. Andrew kept sleeping. I somehow managed to sneak out from under him and go get James, change a diaper, and get us something to drink before Andrew woke up. Whew!

#3 - 8:45 and time for the morning cups of milk. No problem. Andrew was delighted to see his on the way, but surprised me by running away and heading straight for the stairs. Up we went. Then he kept reaching for the crib and saying, "na nut" so I put him in bed and gave him his cup. Wow. Surprise. No problem. Then, just as I bit into breakfast I heard a loud THUD followed by scream that could only be one thing - Andrew climbed out of his crib and fell to the floor. NO! NOT YET! James didn't do that until he was almost 20 months old - I was hoping Andrew would be one of the rare children that never tries. I was not prepared for the 16-month attempt. Maybe the painful landing will thwart further attempts?

No comments: